Do you hear that???

Options
GorillaNJ
GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
52 days...

dsc03750s.jpg

Waiting for us... I heard that mountain call at 4am, got my sneakers on and started running.

Replies

• Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Stop it. You're scaring me. :frown:

I've been so bad this past week. Time to get dat *kitten* in gear.

Also, that mountain call you heard? I plan on climbing it. Planning out my trip to the gunks to go real rock climbing. Aww yeah!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I wish it was this weekend! I want to go now!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    No, no E, I'm not ready! I still won't be ready in 52 days but I'll be less not ready than I am now.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    No, no E, I'm not ready! I still won't be ready in 52 days but I'll be less not ready than I am now.

I agree!!! I am getting there but I need those now 51 days!

The thought of carrying sand bags up that mountain had me in the squat rack at 5am today!

nuvisionactionimagestor.jpg
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    OMG so much this^^^

ETA: I might just have to walk this race. Running isn't going so well for me.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    9895746-large.jpg

The thought of the trail running had me out in the woods at sunrise on Satruday on a mountain bike trail. This next week I will step it up to an even more challenging trail!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    9895746-large.jpg

The thought of the trail running had me out in the woods at sunrise on Saturday on a mountain bike trail. This next week I will step it up to an even more challenging trail!
    Sunrise doesn't exist in the weekends. :tongue:
    I hit neighborhood hills this weekend. It was lovely and painful.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    Spartan-Race1.jpg

5am Deadlifts this morning... get some leg strength for the hard runs and the jumps!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    I was out running before the sun again this morning... Im starting to hear that mud pile crawl calling me... maybe next pre-sun run will include a belly crawl across a baseball field...
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I was out running before the sun again this morning... Im starting to hear that mud pile crawl calling me... maybe next pre-sun run will include a belly crawl across a baseball field...

Omg, I'm picturing you army crawling across a field and there's some woman walking her dog and she sees you - you just put your finger to your lips "Shhhhhh...." and carry on your way.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

Omg, I'm picturing you army crawling across a field and there's some woman walking her dog and she sees you - you just put your finger to your lips "Shhhhhh...." and carry on your way.

I'll make sure to rock a cut off camo shirt that morning... and if she is out there at before 5am she deserves the shock!
  • JoyousRen
    Options

This really need to happen.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    Had a great run this morning... then I got down and did my army crawls in the baseball filed. It was cold and wet.... like Eskimo *****.

2012+tuxedo+barb+wire+mud+crawl.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    "like Eskimo ****"... I LOL'd.

Race you up the hill G!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I am so not ready for this race.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I am so not ready for this race.

Me neither.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    RARRRRWWWW!!! Can't talk, busy training!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    G this is a sadistic post.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    This morning's moonlight run followed by a crawl in cold wet grass of the ballfeild was not so much like a crawl through the mud but more like an event from one Spartan race i watched...

p1140679.jpg
    ICE CRAWL!!! Talk about shrinkage, hope there are hot tubs at the after party!